Friday, May 1, 2009

Los Angeles: Food and Movies

Day 5 on the Road. Los Angeles weather isn't fully agreeing with me. I hope for upper eighties and barely break 65*. Not quite swim suit weather especially with the lovely West winds blowing all the bikini clad girls off the beach. Those dairy farmers are full of it... All about Happy cows and sun and all that BS. Tomorrow's forecast... Rain... Perfect... Nothing like the Grapevine and rain to perk up a 2 hour ride.

Did I mention the house started shaking for no reason at 5 o'clock or so?!?! 4.4 Magnitude Earthquake. Not bad for a Friday. Effing A. I've grown accustomed to my two season State (Hot and Oven Hot) and stable ground.

I check the weather back in PHX and see 80's and 90's and all the ground is solid.
Typical. Bollocks.

Not everything has been dreary here in LA though. My time here in Santa Monica, CA has been full of eclectic cuisine and bourgeois movies. Kevin and I went on a Bro-date last night to a Vietnamese Pho joint. As you can see, it had rice noodles, rare beef, well done beef, been sprouts, cabbage type stuff, and a most delicious broth. Barefoot Contessa ain't got nothing on this place. There's something nice about a big city with the thousands of little hole in the wall eateries. I mean, I won't be asking for their Health Report because I've watched Kitchen Nightmares, but it was quite delectable.

After our delicious noodle rendezvous we met up with Kevin's roommate Drew and elected to watch an Oscar winning movie called "Tiptoes" with Matthew McConnehay of "Ghost of Girlfriends Past" fame and Kate Beckinsale, the queen of vampires and lyceums. If you haven't heard of this movie, you need to procure some of you best delicious edibles or crack a thirty pack and rent it/download it. This movie is right up there in the ranks of "The Core" starring Dj Qualls. Its very rare when you can make an 85minute movie seem to last 5 and a half hours. I give this movie 4 balls mouth.

Tonite shows some promise on a successful outings. Sushi, Sake, and Playoffs?.... Playoffs?!? (Jim Mora voice). I hope see you next time kids, same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel.


"Live as if you'll die tomorrow, Learn as if you'll live forever." -Ghandi

No comments: